Saturday, December 15, 2007

Shhhh! 3 year-old

Steve is on a diet and trying to keep all his vitals in order for an upcoming Dr's appointment. Naturally, we have greatly reduced the amount of treats we keep in the house. However, I do have small ones and a house without cookies is no house at all so I have cleverly hidden a bag of store bought cookies in plain site in the pantry. We have had this bag for over a week without being noticed by Steve or the kids.
Today, my son Simon (3) informed me that he was hungry in his usual fashion which is to rub his belly. I decided to open the cookies and give him one. Steve was on the couch reading. I whispered to Simon that the cookies were a secret. He whispered “OK,” and nodded as if he understood that the cookie needed to be kept on the down-low.
The following is a direct quote:
Simon: “Daddy do you want one of these (goes running to him holding the cookie high)
Steve: “What do you have?”
Simon: “It’s called a Secret.”

I present Keebler Secrets.

No comments: