Monday, December 17, 2007

Milestone reached

Friggin' finally.
I have written 50,000 words of my novel. This is an accomplishment for me for several reasons.
1. It's my first novel so it's kind of cool that I've written anything so long.
2. Despite a severe addiction to procrastination I've still managed to pull it off.
3. When I was 20,000 words in, I worried I would barely turn this into a 45,000 word story. Now I feel like I've still got another 25,000 still in me.
4. 50,000 feels like I'm over the hump and I have some downward hill momentum behind me.

Now, if I keep at this pace I might be finished with my draft in January. (Lately I have been very good about writing regularly) I'll take a few weeks off and then start the hard work, revisions and submissions.

Hurray for me!!! I think I'll reward myself with some moderately priced red wine after the kidlets have gone to bed.

No comments: