Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Late Summer Tropical Treat

Whenever I have random overripe fruit laying around the house I make a smoothie. Truly, it's the only way I really consume fruit. I'm just not that into it...
Anyway. Sometimes the fruit combo is fantastic and sometimes it's just so-so.
Today, I might have made the best one yet so I thought I would share the recipe with everyone who loyally reads my blog (and doesn't comment) and for anyone who stumbles upon it.

2 overripe kiwis
2 overripe bananas
1 8oz el cheapo Light Coconut Creme yogurt
1 splash of Orange Juice (about 1/3 cup)
6-8 ice cubes

Toss all ingredients in the blender and chop/blend/liquefy. Serves 3

Tips:
Overripe fruit is really the best because it is sooo flavorful. You can really taste all the flavors of the individual fruits when you use pieces that are just about to go bad. Also, you would probably just throw the food out at this point anyway.

Do NOT put rum in the smoothies. You will be tempted to try this especially with the above recipe. The rum causes the yogurt to curdle. Ask me how I know this...

And for the fun of it, here's a video I made about smoothies. I may have already posted this. Can't remember..

1 comment:

Eryn said...

I'll comment! Sounds fab - next time we have kiwi I'll try it.