Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday Morning Update

Since I've discovered the Travel Buddy site I've neglected this blog somewhat.
Two of my most recent blogs require updates.
1. The Porch Fawn
It wasn't looking good for a while. We read that mothers will often leave their babies for the day and return to feed them at night. Although my mom is a great babysitter, her cluttered front porch was a strange choice for the doe. The first night, a doe came into the yard to munch on the garden, the baby ran to the doe but it was rejected. The doe kicked at the baby when it tried to nurse. At this point we were still undecided on whether this doe was the mother or not. We gave the baby one more night. By morning, something had picked it up. We're hoping it was the real mother. Here is a pic of its super cuteness.


2. The paranormal events of last Wed.
The farther from the night of the spookfest the sillier the whole tale seems. The more I think about that night the more I wonder, "What DID I eat before I went to bed that night?" I have worked out rational scenarios for each ghostly event.
a. The wall breaching child ghost who ran into my daughters room - I'm a loon who doesn't get enough sleep and should probably get my eyes checked.
b. Pounding footsteps heard while in the basement - Overweight flying squirrel? We have colonies in the attic, though they usually find new homes in the heat of the summer.
c. The "Dead" voice - I must have been nearly asleep and misinterpret the loud snorty snore of my husband.
d. The scratching in the walls - My feet are horribly callused and make a very similar sound when rubbed against my satiny bedspread.

I'm happy with these explanations, esp since I haven't heard a peep since that night, although I did get the bejeezus scared out of me when the friggin' cat decided to leap over my head into the bed Thursday night. I woke to see a grey blur flying over the bed and nearly peeped myself.

No comments: