Saturday, September 17, 2011

Blueberry Love and Loathing

Blueberries were everywhere this summer... everywhere. Sadly, I do not love them. Blueberries are among those foods with magical health maintaining properties and they are simply lovely. How many natural blue things does one get to eat anyway? Why can't I love them? I do wish that I did.
And so, I wrote haiku after haiku to deal with my conflicted feelings. I took some pictures too.


Pigment is vivid.
I see how pretty you are.
Taste should match the look.


I get it, you grow
wild and free in my backyard.
I will still snub you.


I keep you around
Because my kids think you're fab.
Look at that fun face.
Wish I could enjoy.
I watch them nom nom away.
I haz a jealous.

Guess you’re not all bad.
I enjoy you in smoothies
and namesake muffins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your haikus!!!!!! Too funny :).

I also really like the way you write! Do you promote your blog or is it more for personal journaling?

Christina Acker said...

Thanks!
I have not really promoted the blog other than to have links for it on social medial sites and the Dish.
I use it mostly to practice writing. If I know others might read it, I'm generally more careful about proofreading and such. ; >