Tuesday, August 21, 2007

More Excuses



Photo: I was eaten by a shark!


The following are my excuses for not making serious progress on my writing projects last week.
1. I was at the beach, can't get the laptop sandy...
2. I couldn't find a moment of peace among the kids/cousins/nephews/rest of the famdamly.
3. I was at the beach, last minute summer sunning was required
4. There were retail outlets a half a mile away...nuff said
5. I was at the beach, can't let stinky shrimp fingers touch the keyboard
6. I didn't want to seem all pretentious around the family..."I can not play Lighthouse-opoly, I'm writing my naaavel." (said in snobby accent)
7. I was at the beach and reading other YA; Revenge of the Homecoming Queen and Top 10 Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress

However, I did manage to write about 500 words, edit previously written stuff and I came up with a fantastic idea for the next YA project.
I wasn't really eaten by a shark... Photo was taken during an outing to the NC Aquarium in Manteo.

I'm ready for Autumn!

1 comment:

TinaFerraro said...

Yeah, REVENGE OF THE HOMECOMING QUEEN is quite addicting...I lost writing time reading it, too!

By the way, a google alert on my book title brought me here. Cute blog! I'm going to bookmark it and keep coming back...