Friday, May 18, 2007

Shout out to my balding asthmatic cat

Seriously, for those of you who do not know this already, my cat has asthma. It's all funny jokes about kitty inhalers until you find out that they really exist and they cost a fortune. Argh!
Anyhow, so now my cat is loosing all of his hair. I'm not joking. In the last two weeks or so his rear end has begun resembling Mr. Bigglesworth.


To make matters worse when he is content, nervous, drowsy, angry, happy, hungry or frisky he SUCKs his tail. It's revolting. His skinny long tail ends in a wet and slimy point which he wields like a scorpion's tail and tries to touch me with it when I push him away from me.

Now, some may wonder why I put up with this. Why do I spend the money on his treatments? Why not dock his tail?
Because I love him and he is very sweet. The vet actually suggested surgically removing his tail as she suspects he has no feeling in it. However, because of his asthma he is not a candidate for anesthesia. Husband would never have paid for it anyhow.
I'll have to sharpen up my crochet skills so I can make him a sweater for winter.

This is a video of Harry Hedwig in his glory days. Notice the shiny point at the end of his tail during the dream sequence.


No comments: