Friday, April 18, 2008

Surprise Dinner Guest

I'm setting the table for dinner last night and I look out the window to admire my lilac bush which bloomed for the first time in three years. I'm thinking about how unfortunate it is that I will have to prune it back this year since it is practically growing through the kitchen window. I see this old black rope twined around some branches.
I look closer and see.....



Gah! He/She spent the entire evening in the tree and watched us eat our dinner.
I looked for it this morning and it's still in the tree, just coiled up in some leaves to stay warm.
It's kinda cute...
I think it's a juvenile black racer.

Sorry for the blurriness. The pic was taken through the kitchen window.

2 comments:

Traumschaumseife said...

Cute???? Ok.... through the kitchen window.....

Greetings from Germany,

there are no such cute animals :-)

Claudia

Christina Acker said...

Hi!
I'm not really afraid of snakes, I just don't like to be startled by them. That's why this one was just right.. seperated by a thick pane of glass. :>
I love your soap pics!