Friday, July 20, 2007

Pottermania

Once again, sorry for the lack o'blog.
I've been sick a lot lately. Blech! I've spent most of my time reading the blogs of others and watching youtube vids.
So tonight is the big night!!! Where will I be? Asleep.
I'm to old to go to the release party, right? Yes. Here's why.
Several years ago, I went to the release party for HP3(I think). I arrived at Barnes and Noble and realized I was the only person there over 14 (aside from the 12 and unders' parents who didn't seem at all interested in HP). I was soooo embarrassed. I felt too silly to get in line for the free HP glasses or to participate in the wand making project. I started following random kids around and spouting out an occasional "Billy, get over here!" so I would look like a parent. These days I'm ashamed of my shame. Now that HP is supper huge I should feel great about being an HP die hard when HP wasn't cool. Actually there was never a time when HP wasn't cool, but there was a time when many adults purchased the book with that boring grown-up cover.

The above tale of woe really has nothing to do with why I'm not going to the party. H and S are too young to take out that late so we'll be heading to B&N after lunch. Maybe they'll be passing out some fun freebies early in the day! Simon has agreed to let me draw a lightening bolt on his forehead. Wish us luck in our quest for free Potteraphanalia to clutter the house.

No comments: